Biscuit Factory
Biscuit Factory
Biscuit Factory
Biscuit Factory
Biscuit Factory

Biscuit Factory

client
Workspace Glebe

architect
Allford Hall Monaghan Morris

date
2009

role
Project Management, Contract Administration & Cost Consultancy

The Peak Frean Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey started production in 1867 and was responsible for classics such as the Custard Cream and Garibaldi biscuit. In 1988, production transferred to the North of England and the factory was closed the following year.

Andrew was Project Manager working within the old site as part of a larger regeneration masterplan for Bermondsey.

The factory buildings were in a poor state of repair and suffered from complex structural layouts and a series of underground tunnels, which had served as Victorian flood defences.

The project consisted of the refurbishment and conversion of a mixture of dilapidated industrial buildings to form new B1 commercial space, small start-up business spaces, a new fully fitted cafe, office, general landscaping and substation improvements.